December 13, 2006

Ten unforgettable days

All great things seem to have to come to an end and so has my trip to Stockholm and Turku. I can hardly find words to describe what an incredibly good time I have had there and how much I miss the people and the places again. But I am also really happy to have experienced it all and to have so many new memories now. And pictures! So what better way to describe what I did and who I was with than to post loads of pics. :P

Sofie in Stockholm, Pablo at the Student Village and Petra in our flat

My trip started two fridays ago when I drove back from work around noon. Of course I still had to pack stuff, so it was not surprising that I was running around as a chicken without a head as we would say here, trying to grab all necessary things before leaving. At least I didn't forget to take my bank card this time. ;)

In Stockholm I met up with Sofie, who is currently working there. I really like that city, although it was incredibly dark and gloomy while I was there. After loads of talking, window shopping and eating I eventually took the boat to Turku on saturday evening. I honestly HATE that ferry, when I am on it it's just for transportation. You can be sure that you will wake up at 4 in the night due to drunk Finns, screaming and singing in the corridors long enough for you not to fall asleep again.

And then there was Turku... It hasn't changed a bit, ony several people were missing. But two great people were there and made my week to the unforgettable one it was. First Petra, the best ex-roommate ever, who was so kind to stay living in my old flat. :P It felt so natural again to spend time with her and live with her to some extent. ;) She cooked, I was lazy. I made a mess, she an even bigger one. Nothing has changed. :P


And Pablito. We started talking to each other about one year and a half ago and met for real this summer. In the past months we got to know each other better though and therefore I was really looking forward to seeing him back. And it was great. :) We all went skating, shopping, had parties, went swimming and watched movies. Quite normal things, but that's what I wanted in Turku, to feel at home again, rather than being just a tourist. One week was too short in my opinion, as there was so much more I would have wanted to say and do, but I am incredibly happy to have had it. And I won't forget this week, I am sure of that.



1 comment:

Kermes said...

I'm really glad that you have this great time back here, and you know that I have a great time and I will no foget this neither.

I should be sleeping instead of commenting your blog (now it is 26h and 50m awake), but I dont want you to writte a new one bofore I post a comment ;P

Lot of hugs and kisses. See you very soon!!