December 25, 2006

Presents!

The true Christmas spirit came to life yesterday evening, some time between the main course and desert... Presents! I still behave like a little child when it comes to that, I whine the entire night about when we will start with the unwrapping and giving, until they all give in to me and we can begin with it. It's not just my own presents I am eager to see, also the reactions of the other people is what makes it great for me. And I am too curious and impatient. :)

This year some of the presents still were a surprise to me, which is kind of a surprise as my mother can't resist to give as many hints as possible for me to eventually find out what I will get. I also managed to surprise the others though, by having my ears pierced for the third time in my life. The first time the holes infected, the second time I forgot to put earrings in them after a while, so let's hope that I will be able to keep them open at an age of 23. :P

Apart from a couple of earrings I also received perfume, a DVD, headset and gloves. Nice soft black ones to match the black scarf and hat I got for my birthday. ;)

Showing off the gloves...

The past two days at work however have been so incredibly dull. The difference to the weeks before Christmas is huge, as I now really have nothing to do and back then no time to do nothing. So today I've spent the hours by chatting to people, getting drinks for everyone every 15 minutes and eventually even playing limbo under the extendable wires of our office badges. This lameness will probably continue throughout the week, so maybe I can bring my Spanish course with me tomorrow. I haven't worked with it since I got my job, so now maybe my job can put new life into it. ;)

In spite of earning money by sitting at a desk feeling bored, it does feel weird to have to work these days. In the mornings the roads are almost empty and more than half our office has holidays. But only two days more and then three days off again. Then four more days of work, weekend and then another three days off for me to explore Belgium together with Pablo. And get him poisoned by cooking for him. :P

1 comment:

Charlotte Schillebeeckx said...

Wat een mooie foto en wat een mooie handschoenen, de persoon die u die gegeven heeft moet iu echt wel graag zien he...
Kusje