December 31, 2006

An interesting year

A lot could be said of 2006, but for me it has meant a lot as it was the start and end of many things. It hasn't always been as great of course but which year has been? As always there have been many doubts, times when I wished things would be easier or moments when I just wanted to move on.
Then there were too many moments when people I love were feeling bad due to different circumstances and when it seemed impossible to make them feel better. Also for that reason I hope the next year could be a new start for many.

But maybe now is more the time to remember all the good things that happened here and at other places, so now I will focus on them. :) I can't really speak for other people, so forgive me for focusing on myself again, but personally I have to admit it hasn't been a very bad year. The start of it was rather boring, as my thesis wouldn't write itself. But it wasn't in vain, as this year I finished my studies and became Master Kat. :) Furthermore I found myself very quickly an enjoyable job, so also this went really fine. Professionally I could definitely say that 2006 has been good for me. :)
But the best thing about the past year must have been that I was abroad so often and arranged 5 holidays. In total I was travelling for 39 days, an absolute record in my life so far. :P Of course I was more abroad during my Turku year, but that doesn't officially count as 'holidays'. ;)
I was able to see a few people back who I miss very much also now and meet and get to know some people even better. It all comes back to me wanting to travel more and visit these friends again and again, but let's see what 2007 brings. And which amount of free days my bosses are prepared to give me. :P

March '06 - June '06 - July '06
Me in snowy Oslo, with my sister in beautiful northern Norway, my two Spanish supermen in Málaga

September '06 - December '06
My other Spanish macho in Burgos and Pablito and Petra in beloved Turku

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! OH!

I felt so nostalgic watching the pic of Petra and Pablo... do you know what's exactly behind them?!?! Take a peek and the come back to read this post if you didn't manage...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
BUS NUMBER 18!!! They're standing on a corner on Kauppatori and right behind them, my supa bus #18 is preparing to land... ohhh... how many times did I take that bus??!? and just in front of the bus stop liest Den Svenska Teatern!! Oj! I still can recognize my old Turku!!

Anonymous said...

Master Kat!
We zullen er dit jaar eens aan werken om u master in de keuken te maken he!Het is te hopen dat je dit jaar nog zoveel op vakantie kunt gaan zoals het vorige jaar, maar ik heb toch al wat plannen gehoord.Ik zal eens gaan koken want ons werkvolk is s avonds altijd uitgehongerd. mams